This lush is bananas! Sugar cookie crust gets topped with a sweet vanilla creamy layer, sliced bananas, pudding and whipped topping for an irresistible take on banana cream pie.
1 pouch (17.5 oz) Betty Crocker™ sugar cookie mix Butter and egg called for on cookie mix pouch for drop cookies
1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
1 container (12 oz) Cool Whip™ frozen whipped topping, thawed
3 firm medium bananas, cut into 1/4-inch slices (about 2 1/2 cups)
2 boxes (3.4 oz each) Jell-O™ banana cream-flavor instant pudding & pie filling mix
1 firm medium banana, cut into 1/4-inch slices (about 1 cup)
1. Heat oven to 375°F. Make and bake drop cookies as directed on pouch. Cool completely, about 30 minutes. Set aside 4 cookies for garnish.
2. In food processor, process half of the remaining cookies to coarse crumbs. Remove to medium bowl. Continue to process second half of remaining cookies to coarse crumbs; add to bowl. Stir in melted butter and 1/2 teaspoon of the vanilla until well blended. In ungreased 13×9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish, press cookie crumb mixture firmly in bottom. Set aside.
3. In large bowl, beat cream cheese, powdered sugar and remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth, scraping down side of bowl frequently. Beat in 2 cups of the whipped topping. Spread over cookie crust. Place 2 1/2 cups banana slices in single layer over cream cheese mixture.
4. In another medium bowl, beat dry pudding mixes and milk with whisk about 2 minutes or until thick. Drop by spoonfuls over banana layer; spread evenly over top. Drop remaining whipped topping by spoonfuls over pudding layer; spread evenly. Cover and refrigerate 4 hours.
5. When ready to serve, crush remaining 4 cookies. Sprinkle pie with crushed cookies, and top with 1 cup banana slices. Cut into 6 rows by 4 rows. Cover and refrigerate any remaining pieces.